Friday, March 18, 2005

the return of the cup

[never forget where you’ve come here from, never pretend that it’s all real, someday soon this will be someone else’s dream – from “never forget" take that ]


there are some objects which, even though are lost, come back to haunt us as memories. little did i know when i wrote the final chapter of the cup that the story was far from over.

one day, i was coursing through the drudgery of reports, analyses, feedbacks and monitors, which i call work. mush was online and i was chatting with him intermittently. i got a ping from him. “dude, nishant was asking for my blog address”, he said.” wants to read my poems” nishant was our operations manager in windows xp. he was the guy responsible for making the project what it was and someone who was there from the day of its inception. above all, he was someone who we all looked up to. even though mush had left the company months ago he still chats with him regularly. i said that was cool and thought nothing of it.

later i saw him standing near andy’s cube. he, dee and andy where talking. i went over there and we were just chatting when he said that he read my blog. he then went on to give me insights about the previous post and was generally pulling my leg, which he does often, about me being the tree etc… in between the conversation he asked,” where is the cup?” “oops” i thought to myself, “will that thing never leave me?” out loud i said, “its still there. where motu took it” “hmm ok, i am taking it” that was his style, that made us name him tiger. i took the cup and gave it to him and he took it home. kind of was relieved. at least it’s away from me now.

prudence stops me from saying that this is the end. nishant was saying something about the cup looking the right size for sandy to punch him. maybe that would make another interesting chapter in the story. till the next one……..

4 views:

Mush said...

Dude ; Don leave Bangalore ; You'll never find better friends than you found here ;

Dev said...

GRRRRR!!! THAT WAS MY CUP... I WAS IN THE LINE...

Pavi!!!! said...

This has nthg to do with this blog..(M writin it here coz I blv u wont chk it in the near future but u ll read it sometime)
Plumpy...Donno wat the hell I'm angry with u for..but ya m angry n upset coz ur turinin out to be the typical guy..or mayb its jus my current frame of mind...Feels like U ve changed sooooooooooo much over the last few months for no obvious reason..or mayb its jus my perception problem!!!!
Anewez luv ya...

Frend Forever
Shorty

Anonymous said...

Oct 6th 2006

Got to say this...mate this is just amazing..what you have done with this BLOG.....Way to gooooo


Dont worry you will know who i am in sometime...its not too dificult for you ;-)